The University of North Dakota (www.und.edu)
The University of North Dakota (UND) is the state’s oldest and largest University, with nearly 15,000 students and 220+ fields of study.
- UND offers opportunity at an affordable price tag. UND’s tuition and fees and room/meal plans cost $4,000 less per year than the national average for four-year public universities (College Board).
- With 3,000 courses, nearly 40 online degree programs, and 80 graduate education programs; UND has more offerings than any higher education institution the state.
- UND’s diverse student body represents all 50 states and over 80 countries.
- NCAA Division 1 athletics gives UND fans across the country something to look forward to every season.
- The state’s flagship research university, UND has a reputation for research and scholarship in health sciences, energy and the environment, aerospace, and entrepreneurship.
- Student life is an important element of the UND experience. With service-learning groups, internships, leadership positions in 275+ clubs and organizations, and education abroad, there are plenty of ways make a difference.
- Notable Alumni include eleven-time NBA championship coach Phil Jackson, astronaut Karen Nyberg, former LA Sparks co-owner Carla Christofferson, actor Sam Anderson and Buffalo Wild Wings President and CEO Sally Smith.
- Located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, UND is right at home in this vibrant college town of over 50,000 people located on the border of North Dakota and Minnesota.