The University of North Dakota‘s live television show, Studio One, recently received eight regional awards in three different competitions at the 2014 Midwest Journalism Conference in Bloomington, Minn.
Each year at this conference, journalists from across the Midwest gather for two days of training sessions, awards ceremonies and networking. This year, Studio One, had 10 interns attend the conference.
Following is a list of awards, awardees, news category, placing, and the title of their story.
Northwest Broadcast News Association Eric Sevareid Awards
- Brian Gendreau, Circle Pines, Minn., Sports Reporting, First, The Beat of UND Hockey
- Anne Hook, Thief River Falls, Talk/Public Affairs, First, Karen Nyberg interview
- Cory Robertson, Minneapolis, Soft Feature, First, Flying for Freedom
- Studio One, Cable Newscast, Award of Merit, Studio One full show
Society of Professional Journalists’ Mark of Excellence Awards
- Brian Gendreau, Feature Reporting, First, Tommy Takes the Gold
- Brian Gendreau, Sports Reporting, Finalist, The Beat of UND Hockey
Upper Midwest Regional Student Production Awards
- Cory Robertson, Light News, Winner, Annika
- Cory Robertson, Light News, Winner, UND Destress Fest
These awards represent the best work done by broadcast news operations and journalists in a six-state region.
Studio One is an award-winning news and information program produced at the University of North Dakota Television Center.
Studio One Director of Marketing
David L. Dodds
Media Relations Coordinator
Public Relations Group
Division of University and Public Affairs
264 Centennial Drive Stop 7144
Grand Forks, ND 58202-7144
701.777.5529 | 701.777.4616 fax