This year’s event focuses on strengthening the foundation of the modern-day workforce
The University of North Dakota Conflict Resolution Center will play host to a symposium for strengthening the foundation of the modern-day workforce at the Memorial Union on UND’s campus.
The sessions will take place April 14-17. It costs $100 for full day sessions and $50 for a half day sessions. Register for the symposium at UND.edu/centers/conflict-resolution/training-education/annual-symposium.cfm or call 701.777.3664.
The symposium will feature Sara Christiansen, author of Critical Leadershift. Christiansen will offer a full-day workshop about why traditional management techniques are counter-productive today. She will help participants define performance, quantify human capital, address return on investments, and take a scientific leadership approach.
The symposium will also feature special guest Andre Koen, who has helped organizations manage and train staff, employees and clients on diversity without blame, fault or guilt. His organization understands that people are doing the best they can with what they have, yet encourages them to self-examine, explore other cultures and be allies for others.
The schedule is as follows:
Monday, April, 14
- 8:30-4:30 p.m., Planning for Success: Visioning for the Future, a guide to lead your business toward a better future with Kristine Paranica, UND Conflict Resolution Center.
Tuesday, April, 15
- 8:30 a.m. – noon, Unsafe by Nature; Safety Management= Change Management; and Safety as a Team Sport, with Matt Weis, PHR, client safety coordinator
- 1-4:30 p.m., Creating Cultural Competence, with Andre Koen, AM Horizon’s Center for Social and Economic Justice, who will help participants understand the culture of their organization.
Wednesday, April, 16
- 8:30 a.m. – noon, The People Side of Change Management & Succession Planning, with Sharon Connell-Rick, MBA, SPHR.
- 1-4:30 p.m., Recruiting and Retaining a Diverse Workforce, with Yoke-Sim Gunarante of Cultural Diversity Resources, and a panel discussion with Kathryn Dachtler and Kirsten Kenney, LSS New American Resettlement, Keith Reitmeier, North Dakota Job Service, Cynthia Shabb, Global Friends Coalition, Chandra Rai and local business owners.
Thursday, April, 17
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Critical Leadershift, with author Sara Christiansen. A full day workshop about why traditional management techniques are counterproductive in the modern workplace.
UND Conflict Resolution Center
701.777.3664 | und.conflictresolution@UND.edu
David L. Dodds
Media Relations Coordinator
Public Relations Group
Division of University and Public Affairs
264 Centennial Drive Stop 7144
Grand Forks, ND 58202-7144
701.777.5529 | 701.777.4616 fax