These days, many businesses are coping with shrinking budgets and increasing security challenges as more and more employees bring their own devices and applications to work. New Microsoft offerings like Windows 8, New Office and Windows Phone 8 provide businesses with better solutions that integrate more easily into IT systems while still offering employees the flexibility to use tablets, PCs, and smartphones at work.
The state of North Dakota and Microsoft recently formed a statewide “Digital Alliance,” the first of its kind in the country. As part of this digital alliance, the UND Center for Innovation, the North Dakota Small Business Administration, the Grand Forks/East Grand Forks Chamber of Commerce, and the Grand Forks Regional Economic Development Corporation will host two Microsoft Office 365 educational events.
The first event is a Lunch and Learn, and the second event that will be a Hands-on Lab. Participants can come together to see how the latest Microsoft solutions can drive greater productivity, innovation, and reduce cost for an organization. The events are to take place on Wednesday, Aug. 7, at the UND Center for Innovation. The Lunch and Learn starts at noon to 1 p.m. and includes a free lunch. The Hands-On Lab will consist of four lab times (8 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.). Both events are for business owners and leaders.
The intended target audience for these events are owners of small-to-medium sized businesses, but all are welcome to attend.
RSVP- firstname.lastname@example.org or 777.3132 by Friday, Aug. 2. Attendees can go to the Lunch and Learn and a Hands-On Lab or choose to go to one event only. All labs are same material, different times.
Why should you attend the Lunch and Learn?
Get the answers to questions you have about Office 365
- How does it work?
- How much does it cost to change to Office 365?
- How long does it take to implement?
- Is it safe & reliable compared to your current setup?
- What are the benefits to switching?
Why should you attend a Hands-On Workshop session?
- True-to-Life: An Office 365 Workshop session is not a generic demo. It is a true-to-life user experience that takes you through common work-related scenarios. These include working remotely, leveraging social networking to locate expertise and share information, and connecting in real time with coworkers and customers.
- Promotes communication: Participating in a workshop is a great way for business owners to better understand the IT solutions they’re using, which can lead to process improvements and an improved workplace environment.
- Interactive and fun: Participating in an Office 365 Workshop is the best way to learn about business productivity tools and technologies without sales pressure. Sessions are led by a trained facilitator and are designed to be interactive, experiential, and fun.
UND Center for Innovation