Ten University of North Dakota staff members were given Meritorious Service Awards and one staff member received the Ken and Toby Baker UND Proud Award at the annual recognition ceremony for staff personnel Tuesday, May 15.
The Ken and Toby Baker UND Proud Award is presented to a staff employee who, through service and dedication to the University, to fellow workers, and to the community, exemplifies the qualities of commitment, loyalty, and pride in the University. The award includes $1,000, a plaque, and a traveling plaque for the department. The award was given to Lisa Burger, Interim Executive Director, Enrollment Services.
The Meritorious Service Award recognizes staff for excellence and dedication. They received certificates and checks. Awardees were:
- Phyllis Tweton, Administrative Assistant, Office of Medical Education, SMHS
- Tim Marynik, Building Services Technician, Facilities Management
- Jane Beasley, Assistant to the Associate Dean/Database Coordinator, College of Nursing
- Courtney White, Manager/Specialist, Distance Education Degree Program, Mechanical Engineering
- Dustin Frize, Dietician, Dining Services
- Mike Lindquist, Lead Painter, Facilities Management
- Carrie Herrig, Assistant Director for Staff Development, Health and Wellness Unit
- Tanya Butler, Administrative Secretary, College of Arts and Science
- Gail Morin, Building Services Technician, Facilities Management
- Cheryl Kingsbury, Math/Science Instructor/Advisor, TRIO/Student Support Services Program